Festive Facts About Christmas- There are 15,000 tree farms in the United States with over 350 million trees growing. Approximately 25 - 30 million real Christmas trees are sold across the United States every year.
- The most common Christmas Tree species are balsam fir, Douglas-fir, Fraser fir, noble fir, Scotch pine, Virginia pine and white pine.
- Each year in the United States over three billion Christmas cards are sent.
- If you add up all the gifts that were given in the Twelves Days of Christmas it would equal 364 gifts.
- Christmas trees are usually grown for 15 years before they are cut and sold.
- Spiders or spider webs are a common Christmas tree decoration in Poland. According to legend, a spider wove a blanket for baby Jesus. They also consider spiders to be symbols of goodness and prosperity during the Christmas season.
- In 1836, Alabama was the first state to officially recognize Christmas. Christmas wasn't declared an official holiday in the United States until 1870. Oklahoma was the last to declare Christmas a legal holiday in 1907.
- The first Christmas postage stamp was issued in the United States in 1962.
Merry Christmas From Iguana Boat SalesThe team at Iguana Boat Sales wants to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! If you are needing a few last-minute gifts, swing by the best boat dealership at the Lake of the Ozarks. We have everything to make sure summer 2019 is one to remember.
Check out our Website: