Before You Depart
Just like you would a car before a road trip, it's a good idea to ensure your boat is in proper working order before taking it out onto the water.
- Check fuel levels.
- Check engine for leakage, excess water or heavy odors, as these could be signs of a serious issue.
- Ensure all lights are functioning and check for any electrical issues.
- Test all communication devices.
- Run the blowers to evacuate fumes and vapors from the bilge.
- Use a floating bobber for your boat and car keys in case they go overboard.
Before taking off, share your plans with friends or family. Include your destination and expected return time. In addition, check the local weather, water reports and boating forecasts. Don't head out if there will be bad weather.
While Out On The Lake
In addition to making sure your boat is in proper working condition, it's important to make sure everyone on board follows safety precautions. Whether you are the driver or just along for the ride, everyone plays an important role in boating safety.
- Don't exceed the number of passengers allowed on your watercraft.
- Ensure the engine is shut off while passengers are loading and unloading, especially during activities like tubing, water skiing, water boarding and swimming.
- Ensure there are enough life jackets for everyone on board. Always wear your life jacket while tubing, water skiing and wake boarding. In addition, children should wear their life jacket at all times.
- Don't drink and drive. If you do decide to consume alcohol while boating, ensure there is a sober driver.
- To reduce the chance of falling out of the watercraft, ensure all passengers remain seated while the boat is in motion.
Stay Safe This Memorial Day Weekend
Before getting in your boat at the Lake of the Ozarks, make sure you take the appropriate measures to ensure your safety on the water. By being prepared, paying attention to the weather forecast, and stocking your boat with the required items, your lake outing should not only be safe, but enjoyable! Iguana Boat Sales delivers exceptional value, exclusive selection, and above all outstanding customer service. We have selected some of the best boat brands to offer you the right combination of price, quality, and value. Visit our showroom in Osage Beach, if you are in the market for a used or new boat at the Lake of the Ozarks. Our boat gurus look forward to showing you our inventory.
Check out our Website:
Iguana Boat Sales
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
4363 Osage Beach Parkway, Osage Beach, MO